On 20.05.2011 19:07, Alan Clark wrote:
On 5/13/2011 at 12:10 PM, in
message<4dcd7407.8080...@gmail.com>
I'm intrigued with this idea. I think that offering something like
this to our Ambassadors is a great idea, and ask for your help to
make this idea feasible.

Here's my concern. Since the process to become an Ambassador is very
simple [1], we don't want people signing up as Ambassadors simply as
a free mechanism to get their CLA.  This would create work, clutter
and noise to our community.  People would sign up and then we would
never hear from them again.  It would also create extra expense (as
in real $) to our community and/or SUSE as a sponsor;  money expended
without benefit to our community. [1]
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Ambassadors#How_do_I_join.3F

Hey,

I agree with the idea of making free courses for ambassadors. But I see the problem too. In my opinion, it's not on behalf of openSUSE to have several ambassadors who just sign up and then aren't heard any more.

I believe, that an ambassador should run through a similar process as an openSUSE Member has too. Every ambassador should apply for the post e.g. at the newsletter or the website and has to get at least a certain number of supporters of his or her ideas to become ambassador.

That would raise the quality of the post of an openSUSE ambassador!

--
Best wishes,
Okuro Okiawa aka Thomas Hofstaetter

###  openSUSE Member                             ###
###  openSUSE Ambassador                         ###
###  Member of the openSUSE Marketing Team       ###
###  Writer of the openSUSE News (Event-Editor)  ###
###  http://en.opensuse.org/User:Okuro           ###
###  http://linuxokuro.wordpress.com/            ###

### Private Website: http://hidden-space.at.tf   ###