On Friday 10 June 2011 10:41:13 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Thursday 09 June 2011 17:10:12 Karl Cheney wrote:
> > James:
> >
> > My understanding is that A4 is the "required" alternative and requested
> > size. The closest equivalent to US Legal (8.5" x 14") is B4 (10.12" x
> > 14.33"). Even if we could use US Legal in Europe, copy would still need
> > be deleted because the width is a half inch shorter and the length is
> > almost 2 inches shorter than what the existing layout calls for. The
> > reason for the current size is to fit all the content.
>
> Please note that I mostly asked for A4 based on my (possible
> mis-)conception that in the EU and much of the rest of the world, US
> Letter paper might be harder to come by or print on. I simply do not know
> for sure if this is true or not. I checked a few online printshops in NL,
> they all only offered A4. I suspect that IF letter is possible, it'll be
> more expensive.
>
> If we shorten the text a bit, maybe an A4 version with the links added to
> one of the two text panels (or both) could be used. This means we remove
> the panel with the links (Get Connected) instead of the text ones. Ideas?
>

> For now, I'd say let's start with having a Brochure in Letter format. I
> will try and shorten the texts so we can have it translated in the future
> but the text for the english one is fine as it is.
>
> If the other marketeers agree, let's consider this thing final so we can
> print it in the USA!

Hi all,

Can I get some of your thoughts on this? Should I print 2000 of these in the
USA and start writing a shorter text to be translated in Spanish, Portugese,
German etc?

Should we remove the panel with links for the A4 version? Or one of the other
two panels?

Here's a link to the current brochure if you want to have a look:
http://linux.ioda.net/openSUSE/git/opensuse-artwork/flyers/

Pick the bottom one, openSUSE brochure_v3.pdf