On 2012-02-10 19:14:41 (-0600), Bryen M Yunashko <susero...@bryen.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 22:18 +0000, Richard Brown wrote:
[...]
> You could also take a look at the list AJ is currently forming about
> what features people can begin to look forward to in 12.2.  The list is
> still a work in progress, but its a starting point.

> http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Major_features

> You don't need to go into a big spiel about what 12.2 is going to be.
> Just enough to whet their appetites before the big release.   We slowly
> but surely increase the noise with each pre-release.  :-)

One idea, if there are volunteers to do it, would be to make
interviews of contributors who did most of feature X, or Y, ...
I mean interviews about the features, not about themselves,
although it might be nice to also have a few words on that,
especially when they are a little less known to the community
as, say, Henne or Coolo or Adrian.

e.g. when snapper came out, make a little interview about it
with the main author, or make one with Frédéric about systemd,

That can be done at the release but might be more useful as
features are promoted to the feature list with each milestone,
to keep the buzz on press sites (also easier to handle for those
who do the interviews: one interview once in a while rather than
a batch of a dozen when the release is made ;)).

It requires some preparation though, IMHO, to ask useful
questions that are on topic as most developers are not exactly
... um ... verbose. And a generic set of questions as for "the
people of openSUSE" would be pointless IMHO.

Well, it's just an idea.

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser