[F-up to openSUSE-factory]

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:36:28AM -0500, Rajko M wrote:
> The web site and the media should be complimentary, so any installation
> media problem can make web site useless. Look at SLICK or 1_CD install.
> Nice ideas that are silently abandoned.

That is normal in the world of any development, be it open source or
something else. If a project does not get enough momentum. it dies.
SourceForge is full of them.

The reason is that most projects are actually one person projects in
reality. As soon as the key person steps out, the project stops.

Now we can debate about how awefull this is, but what is more important is
that we must discuss what to do about it AND THEN ACT UPON IT.

The 1-CD page can be edited to not include the SLICK links, or can be
replaced by working ones.

So are there people still working on SLICK or SUPER and what is going on
with that? Especially the links to opensuse.linux.co.nz and for 1-CD a
working control.xml are important.
Is SLICK and SUPER still alive, or has it gone down?

If it has gone down, a complete re-write of
http://en.opensuse.org/1_CD_install is needed. Only a working control.xml
would be needed for people to get started, all other links to
opensuse.linux.co.nz should then be deleted.

If you have a working control.xml, you can mail it to me. I will host it
(for the time being)

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau