jdd wrote:
Rajko M wrote:

Most of todays computers are branded. If you update BIOS you loose
serial number written in flash ROM and one well known operating system
will refuse to start. SUSE linux novice or his dad will be very
displeased to discover that they can't access $500 worth of games, or
some useful programs and who is to blame, of course it would be advice
found on openSUSE.

are you really sure of that? updating the bios is
recommanded by the maother board manufacturers themselves

I'm sure because I did upgrade on my old (most used) computer and result was dead board. I know that if you have white box (ie. retail version of motherboard) than BIOS update works fine, but OEM version can be different and the only valid BIOS update can come from computer vendor.

Now I have new motherboard, and computer is pure Linux :-)
The end of the story is not that bad at all.

And then with 10.3, 10.4 etc.
You can check how long it will take to delete article that was just
clear provocation.

looking at the history I was not so provocated by a nearly
empty article...

I don't take that page seriously, but I'm not native english speaker too, so sometimes my expressions are bit out of proportion. Sorry :-)

you can't delete the page, but you can blank it if you want
and if nobody cares it will remain blank :-)

Wiki guys ask not to blank the page, so I keep with that.

what I notice also is that most of the users let they own
page blank, it's waste of usefullness :-) here my sysop page:

http://fr.opensuse.org/Utilisateur:Jdd_sysop

full os usefull links :-)

My is few links too, useful only for me :-)

--
Regards,
Rajko.