jdd wrote:

>> Belgium's 75% availability is pretty low - even the UK reached 90%
>> about two years ago.  I did say "available to", _not_ "in use by".
>
> France is far from this. I have many friends with phone
> modem or ISDN.

Actually, according to the OECD (2005), the ADSL penetration (#ADSL
subscribers per 100 inhabitants) in France is 11.9 vs. e.g. 11 in
Belgium.  The top5 in total broadband penetration was Korea,
Netherlands, Denmark, Iceland and Switzerland, but they were only a
couple of percent higher.

/Per Jessen, Zürich