On Friday 13 April 2007 04:33:04 am Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> OK, people I understood your points.
>
> 1. Some seems to have preference for mailing-lists, some others
> (including me) have preference for PHPbb Forums.
>
> 2. I really liked the idea that we already have a webForum
> representation of mailing-lists, but the current Forum is really
> noobish and non-intuitive, which pushes me to the next idea:
>
> 3. Is it possible to build it the other way around, with PHPbb forum
> being the primary interface with mailing-list representation as
> secondary interface ?
>
> In particular:
> 3. a. does current version of PHPbb supports mailing-lists ?
> or

No.

> 3.b. Will it be difficult to add mailing-list support to PHPbb Forum ?

No.

http://www.filesite.org/viewforum.php?f=21

That is the forum end of a mailing list. So much easier to read, IMO. In any
case, the software I use is M2F: http://www.mail2forum.com/forums/index.php

I pretty much set it and forget it. I could also post to the mailing list from
the forum, but I choose not to for this case, because the mailing list is
restricted.