Thomas Goettlicher wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > we want to redesign the YaST Control Center. Therefore we are looking
> > for a radical new design.

I agree with everyone else. It doesn't need a "complete" redesign. A few
tweaks maybe, but not a whole new design. It's functional. It works. And
even a NOOB can figure out what the heck does what. I did with my first
install of SuSE 9.0, AND without asking any mailing list. If someone
can't figure out Yast I have two suggestions:

a) Return your computer to where you bought it. They are probably to
stupid to own one anyway.
b) Stick with Windows. Your computer on training wheels. Besides, Billy
will be more than glad to trash your computer for you.

The examples on the page looked a whole lot like KDE System Settings
with more functionality. If that's what your shooting for, just add
modules to System Settings.

Yast is, hands down, the best control center for any distro I have
looked at.

> > This is your chance to share your ideas regarding YaST Control
> Center.

Two thoughts:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

K. I. S. S.