On Sunday 25 November 2007 03:31:41 Bryen wrote:
> Okay I stand corrected.  It was a bad choice of words on my part.  But I
> was trying to emphasize the fact that help/information doesn't have to
> be defined as only a module's responsibility and not a feature of the
> control center itself.  Somehow, clearly, I erred in my choice of words.
> But I hope the gist of what i meant was conveyed.

Well, in a way I disagree. The design of YaST is to be modular. Everything
about a module should (must?) come from the module itself. This is the only
way it can be extended in a sane way. Imagine if a third party developer
writes a yast module, and then has to wait for a core update for things to
become active

The concept of help texts is a design thing, but from what little I've seen of
yast scripting, there is nothing preventing a module from providing help
texts, however large. They can even open extra windows, if the help text
doesn't fit in a side bar

The tooltip popup in the centre itself will probably require a change in yast
core though

Anders

--
Madness takes its toll