On Tuesday 08 January 2008 09:58:38 am Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Monday 2008-01-07 at 14:41 -0500, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> > So your saying that before using SuSe, the typical new
> > Linux user has never had to deal with lots of email????
> >
> > I find that rediculously difficult to believe, as most
> > of the converts are "advanced" windows users.
>
> Not so... I was an advanced dos/windows user, and my first mail list ever
> was this one (rather, its antecesor at SuSE). Only then had I to deal with
> lots of email, and somewhat later, lots of spam.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>         Carlos E. R.

That is exactly the same here.
As much as I was able to deal with computer without problems, and almost
install Yggdrasil as first attempt to run Linux, I was new to world of
Internet communications, and didn't know so much. I used email before, but
experience with few private emails can't help you once you subscribe to real
mail list.

BTW, here is right place for this.

To subscribe:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To cancel subscription:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In both cases wait for list server email that will provide link for
subscription or cancellation confirmation and use it to confirm action.

Due to small number of subscribed, for the beginning you may start reading
Fred Miller's selection of Internet articles.

--
Regards,
Rajko