Rajko M. wrote:
On Monday 07 January 2008 02:52:10 am jdd wrote:
Besides, the
subject says OT, so a reasonably decent filter should flush
any OT message for those who detest OT posts.
couldn't [OT] subject be filtered out to OT list??

I care about OT mails, but not because of me. I can do that locally. I can send them in oblivion, ignore them, read them, but how that will help the one that is not used to zillion mails in his inbox. The other way to make list server sort the properly is a bit too much to ask, because it has to be intelligent enough to understand mail to sort them properly. We are not there, yet.

Imagine guy just started to use Linux and still using web mail, or have no idea about threading (it is not obvious, you have to know that is exists, first). He made trough subscription process (which is not common, BTW), posted his problem and now is looking trough not threaded 100 emails + his regular mail, to find one message that is answer to his. It is frustrating.

So your saying that before using SuSe, the typical new
Linux user has never had to deal with lots of email????

I find that rediculously difficult to believe, as most
of the converts are "advanced" windows users.