On Mon January 7 2008, Doug McGarrett scratched these words onto a
coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> On Monday 07 January 2008 05:56, Mike McMullin wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 09:52 +0100, jdd wrote:

<snippage>

> >   They should actually get put there as the intent of the OT list
> > was a place to put OT things.
>
> I would love to see a show of hands (here) as to how many read the OT
> list. I certainly don't, and I would bet that 95% of the rest of you
> don't either.

<snip>
When there are posts I read em... it cycles, just like this one. The
thing that amazes me about 10.3, is how little bitching there is on
*this* list about how that install borked some kind of setup that was
working prior to the install , weird . It must really be an easy peasy
install for *most* folks.. Otherwise there would be maximum screaming
on this list AND the OT list..

if you guys were so determined to keep your message count to a minimum
you would join over there. We do occasionally have some spirited
discussions, and even some help is offered and accepted.. But there
usually are flurries of activity , kinda like this list, but w/ way
fewer folks to go thru...  I'm just saying...

As I recall it was some kind folks from this list ( back in the olden
times, 7.0-ish) who actually began that list, to be nice to you folks,
who don't seem able to ignore messages you aren't interested in,
someone offered to host the original "OT list, & in short order we were
busy enough over there, that we got "put on a Suse server.. Thanks so
very much to whomever gave us that recognition.

BTW I'm not claiming that the OT list didn't exist prior to 7.0, just
that's the only time I recall there was a message "posted" ,
here,asking if anyone were interested, and when there were say, more
than 25 people, that was the start of it.. IIRC

I'm out of my mind - but feel free to leave a message ....