Victor Antonio Chávez de Anda wrote:
PerfectReign wrote:
On Thu, January 24, 2008 9:12 am, Sunny wrote:
2008/1/24 Victor Antonio Chávez de Anda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
hello everybody, i have a problem, well, first, please worry for my
bad
english, second, i need Nero for Linux and i have OpenSuse KDE 10.3
installed, and i get the file of Nero for Linux and, it's a BIN
file...
anyone can tell me how install that file? because i can't and i
don't
know how... please... ¡¡thank you!!

Why do you need Nero? K3B can do everything Nero can.
...and soon it will be running in Windows. :)

To Victor - a bin file is usually an executable. You go to the command
line and type ./myfile.bin to run it from the directory where you
downloaded it.

However, I always thought Nero came as a .rpm or a .deb file. You
should have gotten an RPM file.

It's true, i get Nero in RPM File, and it's "installable" with
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and i was wrong, i must talk about GoogleEarthLinux.bin
and, i want install with ./GoogleEarthLinux.bin and doesn't work... and
with two clicks in the file... and doesn't work too... and i don't know
what to do :(

#1: Linux is not windows.

Most software installation will require learning a
couple command line commands.  Clicking won't help you,
unless the software comes in a self-extracting shell
archive, a form I haven't seen used for distribution
since the early 1990's.