Hi,

> > Commit 24596b25 ("build: Remove compat-lz4") removed lz4 compat layer,
> > but openvpn-build\msvc doesn't provide LZ4 library either.
>
> What would be needed to actually *build* with LZ4 on MSVC?  That is,
> build it as prerequisite as LZO is built?
>
> The idea wasn't to remove LZ4 from builds, just to remove the bundled
> LZ4 "because all platforms have it now, so we do not need to maintain
> our own copy".  But it seems that was a bit shortsighted wrt windows
> building...

Thank you and Arne for explaining this. I should have followed the discussion
on the OpenVPN meetings. Unfortunately, my workload doesn't allow me to follow
on anything these days. So, I am not in condition to prepare LZ4 building in
openvpn-build/msvc either.

I can live with LZ4 disabled in my sandbox only.

Shall we drop this patch for now?

Regards, Simon