Il 22/03/21 11:55, Gert Doering ha scritto:
Hi,

(I have changed the Subject: line to make clear that this is a bigger
topic now)

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 11:51:46AM +0200, Lev Stipakov wrote:
For 2.6, I think we should drop openvpn-build for Windows (VS)
building and switch to vcpkg for dependencies (openssl, lz4 etc) and
cmake as a project file (also supported by VS).

I'm not opposed as this sounds more standard than what we have now (opevnpn-build/msvc). We can still cross-compile using openvpn-build/generic if we wish.

This could potentially simplify the automated Windows MSI build process. Right now with Linux + Windows in the mix things are very confusing and fragile.

I have no opinion there whatsoever...  please send patches & trac
documentation :-)