On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 13:21 +0200, Andreas Lauser wrote:
> On Thursday 10 October 2013 10:31:34 Alf Birger Rustad wrote:
> > Generally speaking, I would suggest static linking by default of any
> > runtime library dependency not supported by Red Hat.
>
> I would even go a step further and do static linking whenever possible:

On a whim, I tried to set up a static-only build of opm-core just now by
putting "-static" in the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS (and CMAKE_C_FLAGS for that
matter).  I'm quite probably doing something wrong, however, because
despite the fact that I have a "liblapack.a" file (in /usr/lib), I got
the diagnostic message below.  This is on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, CMake 2.8.0,
and GCC 4.4.3.

Bård

------------------8<----------------------------8<----------------------

-- Finding package BLAS using module mode
-- A library with BLAS API found.
-- Finding package LAPACK using module mode
-- A library with BLAS API found.
CMake Error at cmake/Modules/compat-2.8.7/FindLAPACK.cmake:295
(message):
  A required library with LAPACK API not found.  Please specify library
  location.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/Modules/OpmFind.cmake:146 (find_package)
  cmake/Modules/OpmFind.cmake:204 (find_and_append_package_to)
  cmake/Modules/OpmLibMain.cmake:90 (find_and_append_package_list_to)
  CMakeLists.txt:119 (include)