Hi Med,

Please see inline ...

Ah, okay.

The distinction I was trying to draw was how many tags are being logically
removed and how many are being logically, with the assumption that if a tag is
being both removed and added then in essence it is translated and the PCP bits
are preserved.  E.g., you could just model a translate using push 1 or 2 new
tags and pop 1 or 2 tags, which IIRC, is how I model it in the VLAN
sub-interface YANG draft.

With regards to your model above:

When you have only one tag (e.g., under dot1q) then you allow that single tag
to be rewritten (translated) to one or two new tags.

In the QinQ case, do you ever want to allow that same behaviour?  I.e., allow
only the outer tag to be rewritten (translated) with two tags (i.e., which
would presumably end up with at least 3 tags on the packet).  Or the reverse
behaviour where you match 2 tags and want to replace both tags with a single
new tag?

Hence, it is unclear to me what translate operations you actually support for
QinQ, and also whether you want to add more flexibility that what you currently
have.  But either way, I think that we need to elaborate the description to
ensure that semantics/behaviour is really specific.

Thanks,
Rob