mohamed.boucad...@orange.com wrote:
    > Hmm...I remember at least the following candidates changes from that
    > thread, e.g.,

    > *
    > https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/opsawg/u0__66zIpCMHA4syzt8fWtyx98Y/
    > *
    > https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/opsawg/ExlyBZ9eRP_UHUvCAmtKu0b28Z4/

    > I trust that you will check that thread and do the right thing. Thanks.

I've been through that thread.
I think that I've got it all.
Please check the diff to -02.

I don't know if ISE documents can create registries: one ISE told me no.
The document is in the WG, so let's not religitate that now.

> I sent you right now a PR with some minor edits.

I believe that it was
https://github.com/IETF-OPSAWG-WG/draft-ietf-opsawg-pcap/pull/134
and it was merged nov 9.

> For the specification required range, you may consider adding some guidance
> for DEs.

Done.  You may wish to read the diff, and maybe disagree with my advice.

> The initial table does not mirror the current values in
> https://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html. Also, some descriptions in the
> table does not match exactly what is in that table. Not sure if it is worth
> explaining the diff.

I've updated the table with numbers out to 301.
I'm not sure about putting URLs in.

> You may indicate that the procedure for assigning new codes as detailed in
> https://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html won't be followed anymore.

That's been updated in git, and may take a bit to go live.

> Some assigned types seem to be used for private use while these types fall
> now under a specification required range. I don't know if it is worth to
> have some consistency here and consider a range for future specification
> required type, e.g., 300-32767 that won't be mixed with the historic ones.

It's grandfathered as far as I'm concerned.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )