[Med] Thanks. I like the new changes. Please note that there is a bug with the
table in 3.1.

> I don't know if ISE documents can create registries: one ISE told me
> no.
> The document is in the WG, so let's not religitate that now.

[Med] hmm, I was not reviving that ISE discussion :-( I was actually pointing
to specific messages with some candidate changes (e.g. tag deprecated entries),
which you adequately addressed in -02. Thanks.

> > I sent you right now a PR with some minor edits.
>
> I believe that it was https://github.com/IETF-OPSAWG-WG/draft-ietf-
> opsawg-pcap/pull/134
> and it was merged nov 9.
>
> > For the specification required range, you may consider adding some
> guidance for DEs.
>
> Done.  You may wish to read the diff, and maybe disagree with my
> advice.
>
> > The initial table does not mirror the current values in
> > https://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html. Also, some descriptions in
> the
> > table does not match exactly what is in that table. Not sure if it
> is
> > worth explaining the diff.
>
> I've updated the table with numbers out to 301.
> I'm not sure about putting URLs in.
>
> > You may indicate that the procedure for assigning new codes as
> > detailed in https://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html won't be followed
> anymore.
>
> That's been updated in git, and may take a bit to go live.
>
> > Some assigned types seem to be used for private use while these
> types
> > fall now under a specification required range. I don't know if it is
> > worth to have some consistency here and consider a range for future
> > specification required type, e.g., 300-32767 that won't be mixed
> with the historic ones.
>
> It's grandfathered as far as I'm concerned.

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.