I support wg adoption of this draft.
Responding to the call for discussion by the chairs, I would provide some
comments for the authors consideration.

1. Abstract and Section 2,
In Abstract it says "
A case in point is the qualifiers "in-band" and
 "out-of-band" which have their origins in the radio lexicon and which
 have been extrapolated into other communication networks.".
While in Section 2 it says "
Historically, the terms "in-band" and "out-of-band" were used
 extensively in telephony signaling [RFC4733] and appear also in radio
 communications.".
Just curious about whether the term in-band/out-of-band comes from radio
communications or telephony signaling.
2. Section 2, several characteristics including Path, Packet, and Packet
Treatment are used for OAM classification, it seems to me they're not in
parallel, e.g., the classification between Path-Congruent OAM and
Non-Path-Congruent OAM applies to only Dedicated-Packet OAM, but not In-Packet
OAM. It would help if some clarification can be added.
3. Section 3 and 5, RFC 9322 allows adding an In situ OAM header to a copy of
data packet or a dedicated OAM packet (e.g. STAMP), to my understanding it can
be classified as Active OAM, if that's the case, the text in Section 5 needs to
be tweaked, because in this case not only Source Node and Sink Node are
involved in Active OAM processing.

Best Regards,
Xiao Min

Original