John,

I have no objection to Oracle trying to make money (heck, I own stock,
I WANT and expect them to make money!)

The problem is not that they are trying to make money, but that this is
becoming something you HAVE to do/have to get a job working with
Oracle. And they haven't convinced me of the value of that piece of
paper. I know way too many certified DBAs who I wouldn't trust to even
query my databases.

Rachel

http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/news/index.html?certlevels.html

> > for more information
> >
> > IDC, IT Education and Training, Sept 2001
> > crn.com, Certification: What's Hot, What's Not, Oct 2001

> > -----
> > --
> > --
> >   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
> > San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
> Lists

> > also send the HELP command for other information (like
> subscribing).

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
Author: Rachel Carmichael