Hi,

We're successfully working with Orion and Sybase (11.9.2)...
Here's a example datasource definition:

        <data-source
                name="MainDVPDataSource"
                class="com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource"
                location="jdbc/DefaultDS"
                pooled-location="jdbc/DefaultPooledDS"
                xa-location="jdbc/xa/DefaultXADS"
                ejb-location="jdbc/DefaultEJBDS"

url="jdbc:sybase:Tds:hostname:23000/dbname?JCONNECT_VERSION=5&amp;CHARSET=is
o_1"
                connection-driver="com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver"
                username="user"
                password="pwd"
                schema="database-schemas/sybase.xml"
                max-connections="4"
                inactivity-timeout="3600">
        </data-source>

The URL is special since the DB runs on HP/UX and is HP Roman 8 encoded...
We had to ask Sybase to speak iso1, since Java has no Roman8->iso1
converter.

Additionnally, we put jConnect library jconn2.jar in orion/lib

Hope it helps !
Bye
Christophe