<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You probably still have the deployment directory with references to the
> old cmp deployment in Hyprersonic. Blow away the application-deployment
> directory, or your app directory in the application-depoyment directory,
> and you should be ok.
>
> No need to change the sybase.xml

I have deleted everything (application-deployments, the unpacked EAR) now
and still get this error:

  Auto-creating table:
  create table WizardData
  (mID integer not null primary key,
  mWizardType char (255) null,
  mTimestamp datetime null,
  mData longvarbinary null,
  mPersonalNumber longvarbinary null,
  mPages longvarbinary null)
  Warning: Error creating table: Can't find type 'longvarbinary'.

It's strange because orion finds the right type mapping for java.util.Date
(Sybase has "datetime", hsql has "timestamp"), but longvarbinary is still
used for the blobs. Where is the mapping for blobs defined in Orion?

Here is my sybase.xml:

  <database-schema name="Sybase" not-null="not null" null="null"
     primary-key="primary key" max-table-name-length="30">
  <type-mapping type="java.lang.String" name="char (255)" />
  <type-mapping type="int" name="integer" />
  <type-mapping type="long" name="integer" />
  <type-mapping type="float" name="float" />
  <type-mapping type="double" name="double precision" />
  <type-mapping type="byte" name="smallint" />
  <type-mapping type="char" name="char" />
  <type-mapping type="short" name="integer" />
  <type-mapping type="boolean" name="bit" />
  <type-mapping type="java.util.Date" name="datetime" />

  <disallowed-field name="parent" />
  <disallowed-field name="password" />
  <disallowed-field name="username" />
  <disallowed-field name="date" />