I did something like this:

java -cp /home/my-ejb/classes/:orion.jar
com.evermind.client.ejbassembler.EJBAssembler

this should work for your problem of finding the classpath to your beans(no
more error).  However, I have had no luck using this tool to create ejb jar
files that have the ejb classes and the correct deployment descriptor?

-Matt