You should read up on J2EE so you can understand what separation of
data/logic/presentation is all about. I would recommend any of the O'Reilly
books on the subject(s). Also Development of EJBs is very simple. Especially
with a good IDE like VA, Forte, or JBuilder. Orion even comes with a simple tool
for creating very useful EntityBeans from a GUI.