The processing instruction : <?xml-stylesheet href="doc.xsl" type
="text/xsl"?> tells the processor to use the style sheet of doc.xsl to
transform this xml document(or jsp).
To do conditional processing dependent on the client, you need to do some
logic in the jsp to figure this out, and display the appropriate processing
instruction.

I have implemented the appropriate logic in a custom tag that I am
attaching to this email.  It has been available at orionsupport.com for a
little bit, but alas, no longer.

(See attached file: xsltags.zip)

James Birchfield

Ironmax
a better way to buy, sell and rent construction equipment
5 Corporate Center
9960 Corporate Campus Drive,
Suite 2000
Louisville, KY 40223

|--------+------------------------------------>
|        |          "Duffey, Kevin"           |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    |
|        |          Sent by:                  |
|        |          owner-orion-interest@orion|
|        |          server.com                |
|        |                                    |
|        |                                    |
|        |          10/11/00 03:56 PM         |
|        |          Please respond to         |
|        |          Orion-Interest            |
|        |                                    |
|--------+------------------------------------>

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:     RE: XSLT processors

I would be interested in knowing how to even use an XSLT engine! I know I
can get JSP to output XML with a header, but how do I actually pass the XML
to the XSLT engine, and how do I specify I want HTML or WML output? Is it a
servlet, and you just call upon it somehow from a JSP page or when a
request is made, inside you grab the page using a URL connection to get XML
output from the JSP page, then pass it on to an XSLT engine somehow? I
guess I should buy a book on this topic..but I was hoping it would be easy
enough to figure out.

Thanks.