Why would you use mySQL over Postgresl?  They're both free, but Postgresql has a
JDBC driver that's XA-compliant.  Also, mySQL is known to blow away your whole
database if it has a bad crash, whereas Postgresql is better at persisting data
through a bad crash.

How does Interbase 6 compare to Postgresql?  Is it free?

Scott Stirling
West Newton, MA