Dunno if this is any help, but I found through experimentation that, if
you're using the deployment approach suggested by Deepak Goel in the
thread "ANSWER: how to use pooled connections in Orion", the parameter
to pass to InitialContext.lookup() is, as he notes,
"java:comp/env/d123DS", not "java:comp/env/jdbc/d123DS".  That is,
there's no "jdbc" in that String.  Just pointing that out because I
missed it at first.

(Yes, it seems to take a while for messages to get out to the list!)

--Mark

========================

  Gary Shea said...

 > On Today, David Kenzik ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
 > >          ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/d123DS");

 > Well, it took me a couple weeks (not full time!) to figure out that
 > even though they tell you to use java:comp/env/jdbc... it doesn't
 > actually work.  Instead do your lookup on just "jdbc/d123DS".

Yes, Greg Matthews sent me a note shortly after receiving my inquiry
with
that same answer-- this is the case, "java:comp/env/jdbc..." won't work,
you
must shorten it to simply "jdbc/SOURCENAME".

Now that is out of the way, and it __was__ working for a bit. Really!

However, I wanted to restart Orion and pass it some debugging info to
find a
pesky connection leak. Now my Orion won't startup:

   Error initializing server: DriverManagerDataSource driver
'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' not found

I've changed nothing and can't figure out what the heck would've caused
this.

My oracle.zip jdbc drivers are available because if I comment out my
<data-sources> tag and start Orion, my servlets that use the Oracle jdbc

driver directly (without the Orion driver manager) work just fine.

I'm totally boggled at this point. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone else notice that it takes nearly an hour for messages
make it to the list distribution, or is it just my location versus the
Evermind mail server.... I guess I'm used to instant email. ;-)

--
David S. Kenzik
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://kenzik.com