I am experiencing some problems with the username and password passed to
EJBs running under orion from a servlet.  Without a servlet, a test program
can connect to an EJB through Orion and the username and password
(principal/credential) are passed correctly.  It seems that once the servlet
tries to do the same thing, it cannot.  It seems as though the servlet
always sends the 'guest' account back to the EJB (when both are running
under Orion) no matter what I set the principals/credentials as.

This is likely a setup issue, but I haven't a clue what to look at.  The
documentation doesn't describe these issues which are imperitive to my
success!

What difference should there be between a program running on the host system
and the servlet, in terms of executing a session bean?  Intuitively, there
shouldn't be a difference.  But I am seeing differences!

I have also been informed that orion will cache the username and password
unless a certain property is set.  The property, as I was told, is
"dedicated.connection" and it must be set to "true" however, this does not
seem to work.

Please help.

Matt MacGillivray
Technical Developer