<snip/>

>I remember a previous posting with a refrence to JVM benchmarks on the
>list about it, but I couldn't find it anymore.

http://www.volano.com/report.html

you see that speed is not so much an issue rather than scalability. for
many people's requirements, however, I don't think those problems are
relevant (how many of us have 2000 concurrent connections?). we haven't had
any serious problems with sun1.3 on linux (hot spot server) and it's really
fast enough. I'll gladly trade 5% speed penalty for the overall stability,
maintainability and flexibility of a linux server as a deployment platform.

robert

>Frank

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de