JBuilder is an excellent tool, especially version 4. Previous versions
suffered from relatively poor performance and were prone to craching due to
the JVM leaking memory at an alarming rate. While no problem with JBuilder
per se, it did mean that JBuilder fell behind in the polls compared to IDEs
that are not pure Java.
JDeveloper is indeed based on JBuilder, but on a very early version (2.0 I
think, maybe even 1.0). I do not think the current version should be seen as
a direct clone of current JBuilder versions.

I am using JBuilder for creating all kinds of Java apps, but not EJBs. We
use iPlanet webserver for deployment which does not support EJB, so I would
have nowhere to run them :) I tried getting Orion into the organization here
but corporate standards say iPlanet and Websphere...

Ant is not an IDE, but rather a replacement for ye olde make. You could look
at Forte, but it is designed more for Swing GUIs with little support for
serverside apps, and suffers heavily from memory bloat and leakage.
If anyone knows who currently markets Visual Cafe?
I cannot recommend Visual Age for Java. It is huge, slow and a resource hog
(better not use it on any machine with <256MB RAM, more is better). Also, I
personally find the interface highly confusing and unintuitive. It is also
linked more or less completely with Websphere alone.

Jeroen T. Wenting
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Murphy was wrong, things that can't go wrong will anyway

winmail.dat