Cliff, being cynical... it doesn't matter to us. If you think that a user
community is reponsible for your issues, that's great! You're in deep
trouble, and you're just going to get stuck with a less efficient
platform. No skin off of our noses - we'll have competitive advantages.

Pointless postings? We've been talking about something near and dear to
our hearts - how Orion is looking at the FUTURE, not just how it looks at
one developer who's gotten himself into a crack. Maybe the future's more
important to us than someone who landed himself in a lot of pressure. I
feel for you - sort of - in that I'm the sole provider for my family, too,
and I have the burden of making sure that the user support you bitch about
so much is, in fact, available. Do I cry? Do I whine? (Yes, but that's
irrelevant.) Do I let the positions of others affect objective
evaluation? Do I expect a set of volunteers with their own problems to pay
attention to me me me me me ME ME ME [ME] [ME] [ME DAMMIT ME]?

Grow up, dude.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Cliff Rowley wrote:

> Thankyou for making our decision for us.  Orion will not be our
> choice of J2EE platform, as our evaluation has shown that its users
> are rude and obnoxious.  We have decided that it would not be in our
> best interest to be associated with people of this nature.
>
> Whilst everyone is flustering over rather pointless postings (as is
> my observation over the last couple of days), real potential Orion
> customers are being turned away by its self obsessed (and somewhat
> childish) user group.
>
> I asked a question, and was ignored.  It was quite obvious from my
> question that I am under a fair amount of pressure, and I had
> (wrongly) presumed that a commercial application server would have a
> reasonably professional following.
>
> Let me also point out that it was not arrogance, it was a cry for
> help.  I currently close to redundancy, I have a wife who is 6 months
> pregnant, and I have a 2 year old daughter.  Forgive me for appearing
> a little stressed as I try to feed and clothe them, but it was not
> something I had wished to share.
>
> But I guess you wouldnt care, seeing as you're a typical
> newsgroup/mailing list troll - we've seen you before, in various
> forms, under various names.  Always the one to jump on the weak
> whenever the opportunity arises.  And you have the cheek to call me
> arrogant?
>
> You're forgotten about already.
>
> . o O ( Wonders where the 'human' element dissapeared to in all of
> this - bring back the old Internet )

Joseph B. Ottinger                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://epesh.com/                             IT Consultant