The call to a SFSB cause you (with Orion) at max the additional penalty of an extra
Activation and Passivation cycle. Depending on the amount of resource usage for
these extra cycli as percentage of the overall resource usage, the use of SFSBs will
hit you.

The thing which puzzles me is why not go to the Entity Bean directly itself? It saves
both computer and programming resources. In all discussions and readings I have
found no decent arguments that prevent me from going direct, unless you throw in
the -valid- information hiding argument.

The system I'm working on uses a Swing client. Most important reason: Using an
application client you can validate user input the moment it gets entered.

One of the things we do is validating keys against the server the moment someone
has entered the complete key. The validation is done against the Entity Bean itself,
not against a facade.

Now I know that the quality of constructive comments does not necessarily have a
positive correlation with the price of a suite, but an expensive (and thus highly
regarded)
consultant claimed that using a SLSB facade is better.
I still can't figure out why (although I do agree that the extra performance overhead
is little),
so I'm tending to the position that it's probably bollocks.

Stuborn at the risk to get shot ...

FE