IMHO, facades are only useful when they do some extra-work, e.g.
consolidating the work with many other EJBs.

When you just use a facade to plainly forward any request to exactly one
EntityBean (1:1 relationship between facades and EntityBeans) than it's not
worth the trouble.

I am just about to write such 1on1 facades - because I need some extra level
of security (checkout original topic of this thread). If I didn't have to
cope with such security issues, I wouldn't use these facades; I'd rather
prefer to directly communicate with my EntityBeans (for the sake of
simplicity).

Yours

Armin Michel