Dear All,

I'm sure I must be doing something dumb, but I've banging my head into this
stupid wall for two days now. I should have stayed in school and learned
something, but nooo, I had to do Computer Science. *argh!* :-)

I deployed the counter.jar (yes it's in the ear, it even autocreates the
table it needs, but never uses). I have included the relevant bits into
web.xml (from $ORION/applications/myapp/webthingy/WEB-INF/web.xml):

  <ejb-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/Counter</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
    <home>com.evermind.ejb.CounterHome</home>
    <remote>com.evermind.ejb.Counter</remote>
  </ejb-ref>

Yet when I use that thing inside the ejbCreate of another bean I get a
NameNotFound Exception. Replacing the Counterutils.getnextid() with (new
Date()).getTime() works without generating the errors.

How can I view the contents of the JNDI directory that Orion has? It would
be sooo helpful in debugging.

What is so obvious that I missed it?

    Kees Jan

 You are only young once,
       but you can stay immature all your life.