I believe it comes down to the individual requirements of the developer.
You can discuss it till your blue in the face, but if it doesn't fill
comfortable, then, like most users, you won't use it.  Go with what feels
right for you and don't be to swayed with what other people think.

I've been lucky that most of the places I've worked at have allowed me to
use the editor of my choice and personally I prefer netbeans, but that's
more to do with the fact that I was required to use at Uni and at the time
their was only a hand full of editors and all of them (except Netbeans)
seemed to use a propriety VM - but that's ancient history.

Most of the experience is in Swing and I hand code 99% of all my UI, I've
yet to meet a UI designer that can cut it.

Essentially, try a few, find the one you like and hope it's not to
expensive, but at the end of the day, if you can't live without it, you're
going to have to pay for it...

Good hunting!

Shane