On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Maximilian Eberl wrote:
> > You can't afford $400?!? where the hell are all you
> > cheap bastards working that you can't scrape up $400?
> > I think you all need to focus a little harder on
> > working and spending less time looking at porn;
>
> I really do not think that this is an appropriate discussion style for a
> mailing list of developers of whom - I suppose - the majority has an IQ of
> 90 points or even more.

Pardon my elitism, but developers with an IQ of 90 aren't going to be very
good developers, and such people *really* want to invest their money in
the best tools possible, in order to eke out every last drop of
performance they can muster. After all, that's below average.

On the other hand, maybe develoeprs with IQ of 90 are part of why our
industry has such a crappy success rate.

> And: there are countries where a developer's salary is about 2-300 USD and
> students have to live on USD 50 monthly.

Note that Intellij has student pricing...