As Kage would say, "define competent".

We do have competent people over here at OSCC but they are forced to
do slides and speeches for politicians so that they will look good and
forced to sit through inane and mind numbing marathon meetings!

Sadly it seems nobody in the entire MAMPU can write a little something
or anything on FOSS or tech.

The Government has tried to do something by setting up a centre. But
you know what? Most if not all agencies want hand holding and cuddling
before they will try. Spoon feeding is preferred.

Can't they just pick it up? If they can find the most obscure music
video on Youtube and mp3 ringtones and porn out there on the Net, are
they trying to say that they cannot find info on how to manage the
Centos server? Bullocks! Have they even tried printing out the free as
in cost Centos/RHEL manuals that are available on the web?

It goes back to the whole point of people complaining that they do not
have support.

If they cannot even pick up the fracking phone and call up a vendor
and ask for help, then they are already beyond help. No point as they
say trying to whip a dead horse!

Fact is, I am ashamed to say, many (I must stress not all!)  in the
civil service are just too lazy and not motivated to do anything of
substance. I am too anak Malaysia, but the many whining and complaints
from the civil service is just too hard to tahan.

Eric