Another suggestion,  we can them is to publish HOWTO or documentation.
For example this HOWTO is produce by intern attach to my team.

http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-managing-news-on-ubuntu

Its help him to learn OSS and gain experience. And its a motivation
for him to contribute more to Howtoforge when its get publish and
broadcast all over Internet in Linux.com Debian how to.

Tersenyum dia... :)