-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:55 AM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Tutorials

One thing we can be sure of is that they will *never* be enough
documentation for everybody.  This isn't an OSG specific issue, it isn't a
closed source vs open source issue, it isn't even an IT specific issue, it
applies to everything in life.

As Winston Churchil said (this is from memory so It might be little
mis-phrased):

"One can please all of the people some of time, or some of the people all of
the time, but you can never please all the people all the time".

--

I occasionally come across emails on osg-users from users that appear to me
to be almost asking for others to write their program for them, to teach

So... I feel for Paul Martz, he's put a big effort into to getting the Quick
Start Guide, climbed a peak, taken a short rest, but now its a case of "well
actually that peak you climbed was just a foothill, you need to climb this
great mountain beyond, and oh BTW can you do it for free too".

We are a community, so we don't walk alone, one must carry ones own weight
though, otherwise you can drag others back.  We can all contribute in
different ways.  Directly by helping write the books and tutorials.  Or by
*purchasing* the books rather than just downloading the free pdf.