HI Vincent,

Dev releases are static tags that don't get patched, once they are
made they never changed, so you would only need to compile once.

The trunk is where all the new submissions get merged, then once ever
week or two a dev release comes out.  So if you want all the absolute
latest day by day changes then trunk is where you want to be, but..
with it comes a risk of build breaks.  Build breaks do tend to get
fixed pretty quickly though, but you might need to become active in
helping fix them :-)

Robert.