hi,

stefan nortd schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated to osx 10.6.1 snow leopard and ran into a couple of
> problems.
>
> (1) My old osg binaries (osg 2.8.2 compiled for the 10.5 sdk) work but I
> get a ton of warning (I also needed to update to xcode 3.2). They are all
>  of the "different visibility" type.
>
> (2) Osg does not want to compile on osx 10.6. I tried both Xcode and
> Makefiles. And for each I tried the 10.5 and 10.6 sdk which does not seem
>  to change the nature of the compilation error.
>
> The attached screenshots are the errors I get with xcode.
>
> The following code snippet is the errors I get with the Makefiles. It gets
> 25% into the build and fails with the osgViewer.

Make sure you are compiling for 32bit only. The carbon backend in 2.8.x
is not 64bit compatible. With snow-leopard the standard compiler is gcc
4.2x, try switching back to 4.0 if 32bit only doesn't help.

Try the current svn-version of osg, it supports 64bit and has a better
integrated cocoa-backend.

cheers,
Stephan