On 16-09-2009, at 10:15, stefan nortd wrote:

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the hints. I was able to build osg for the most part now (i386,
10.5 sdk). I did not figure out why the int32_t typedef was missing
though. I simple changed it in line 70 of the Atomic header file to "singed
long int". This did the trick for building osg with xcode.

I managed to compile/run most of OSG under OS X 10.6.1 with the 10.6 SDK in 32 bit, using Cocoa and ImageIO plugin. Please be aware of a bug in cmake that does not set the architecture properly if you specify that you only want 32-bit. See http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=9466 .

Code:

#elif defined(_OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_BSD_ATOMIC)
   # volatile int32_t _value;
   volatile signed long int _value;

I also encountered that using gcc 4.2 cmake detected both _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS and _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_BSD_ATOMIC and that leads to a logic error in conditional compilation of the current Openthread/Atomic header. Attached file fixes this logic error.

     Erik den Dekker