Hey Paul, Jeremy,

So, text is in the transparent RenderBin. Hmm that makes sense. I was
hoping there is simple explanation. I guess I could use depth testing. The
main problem I had with this was to come up with a fairly simple
algorithm to determine the z position. It would mean to layer the panels
close together so their size is not affected and still far enough away from
 each other to not run into depth buffer resolution issues. An added
complication is that any panel may nest other panel/widgets on the fly
further making it harder to get the z distances right. I tried to roll my own
algo for this but it became it gathered too many uncertainties. So I opted
for the painter's algo.

Any ideas about doing the z position assignments with nested
panels/widgets?

Jeremy, osgWidget looks cool. I might end up using once I have a good
grip on it. Usually implementing my own is a way for me to learn.

Do you think it would be easy to adapt it for multi pointer/touch, doing
non-axis aligned windowing, and extending it for custom/experimental
widgets like two finger painting brushes?

Best,
stefan

stefan hechenberger

http://linear.nortd.com