stefan nortd wrote:
> How does this look like ...

I would put the StateSet with the override flag all the way at the topmost Group in your UI, above all the Text and above all the other geometry you're drawing with the text.

> The one drawable is the osgText. I am also :O new to writing osg files ... couldn't get it to write the drawable to file.

You don't need to do anything special to get the Drawable output. The fact that you are not getting the Drawable output would indicate that OSG can't find the .osg plugin for osgText. Perhaps you have a bad install.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
_http://www.skew-matrix.com_ <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>
+1 303 859 9466