Garrett Cope wrote:
When loading cow.osg I experience the same problems described above. Works fine
when my app is compiled with osg 2.8.2, warning message and no visible geometry
when using v. 2.9.6.

You're saying that if you run the 2.9.6 version of osgviewer:
  osgviewer cow.osg
...you are getting OpenGL invalid enum errors?

Try tunning osgviewer with your plane model.

If you are not getting the errors with the 2.9.6 version of osgviewer, but only with your app, then clearly this is a problem with your app and will be impossible for anyone on this list to debug it telepathically. You'll need to use an OpenGL capture tool to track down where the OpenGL error is coming from.
   -Paul