Thanks for the updated info, Robert. I see your change as r11207. It's good to know that this issue is limited to just a small handful of OSX-related files.

I have already updates the 2.8 branch to the latest (except for r11207) GraphicsWindowCocoa and DarwinUtils; this was required for OS X 10.6 support.

For now, I'll wait on this, and revisit the issue as 2.8.3 rc1 approaches.
   -Paul

Robert Osfield wrote:
HI Paul,