I tried again with the latest OSG source from svn but I still have problems.
I followed the instructions in the README.txt and also:

 1) removed  "-mmacosx-version-min=10.5" from CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
 2) tried with either OSG_GLES1_AVAILABLE or OSG_GLES2_AVAILABLE
 3) tried with either OSG_GL_DISPLAYLISTS_AVAILABLE on or off
 4) tried to set the base SDK as the 4.1
 5) set to use armv6;armv7 architectures because I want to build for the
device

but:

 a) after configuring, CMAKE complains with the OPENGLES_LIBRARY_NOTFOUND
message

 b) after generating the project, I still see that the base SDK is 3.2 (so I
manually change it to 4.1)

 c) if I build in Xcode, everything is fine with OpenThreads, but as soon as
I build osg, I get lots of errors regarding OpenGL

 d) moreover, beyond osgversion and present3D, no other applications'
targets are in the project

What am I missing?
Thanks.
Alessandro