Hi Aurelien,

On 14 March 2012 15:46, Aurelien Albert <aurelien.alb...@alyotech.fr> wrote:
> 3. Is there any "invalid elevation value" management to "cut holes" in source
> elevation data and then build a database with holes inside ? (not simple
> shape holes as square)

There is the osgTerrain::ValidValueOperator base that can be used to
set valid values for data by assigning an instance of one of it's
subclass to the osgTerrain::layer, the osgTerrain::NoDataValue is the
subclass that probably does what you need.

VirtualPlanetBuilder reads the no data values from GDAL and uses this
internally, but I've just done a quick code review and can't spot an
entry in VPB for setting the osgTerrain::NoDataValue.

As for multiple terrain layers, VirtualPlanetBuilder and osgTerrain
were written with assumption that their would only be one elevation
layer per tile.  One could possible play with using a SwitchLayer in
osgTerrain and add support for this in VirtualPlanetBuilder to achieve
the ability to have multiple elevation layers, however, this obviously
requires to modifications to VirtaulPlanetBuilder and osgTerrain.