Hi Judson,

On 18 June 2013 15:21, Judson Weissert <jud...@mfrac.com> wrote:
> What is the difference between containsDeprecatedData() and
> checkForDeprecatedData()? I see that containsDeprecatedData() just checks
> the flag, what does the latter do? Forgive me if this is obvious, the names
> suggest the same operation to me.

checkForDeprecatedData() actively goes through the arrays looking for
an IndexArray attached via their UserData and any Array::Binding set
to BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE, if it finds any it sets the internal member
variable _containsDeprecatedData;

containsDeprecatedData() just returns the _containsDeprecatedData values.

Both return true if their is deprecated data attached.

> I looked at the revision at
> https://github.com/openscenegraph/osg/commit/95548b9cda28c1124fea2c09402547d018266384
> but I could not find the implementations of the new member functions. Also,
> the include guard  in include/osg/Geometry got changed to OSG_GEOMETRYNEW
> from OSG_GEOMETRY, was that intentional?

Thanks for the note, I've just fixed the header so it's back to it's
original form.  My first experiement with a cut down osg::Geometry was
with a class called GeometryNew that was copied from Geometry and then
cut down.  Once I know this was working for fast paths I then set
about adding fallback for the deprecated slow paths, with the later
falling into place I was able to replace the old Geometry with
GeometryNew and remove the later.  I did forget to change the head
guard though  :-)